Log in Subscribe

Report Inappropriate Comments

Found on website:

Is its possible to run for a different office after I become a candidate?

Yes, under 106.021(1)(a), Florida Statutes, you may change your mind and run for a different office after becoming a candidate, providing that you do the following:

File a new Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository, designating the new office;

Within 15 days of the new appointment, notify, in writing, all contributors and offer to return their contributions in full or pro rata. The Request for Return of Contributions (Form DS-DE 86) may be used for such purpose;

If, after 30 days from this notice, the contributor has not requested his contribution to be returned, you may use the funds in the campaign for your newly designated office.

Has Satcher done this or as interim SOE is he ignoring this? Did he notify all contributors? Under Sunshine this information should be available.

From: SOE Appointment Continues to Draw Public Scrutiny

Please explain the inappropriate content below.