MANATEE COUNTY – Keep Manatee Beautiful provides opportunities for personal satisfaction through the many environmental enhancements we contribute to Manatee County's communities and public properties. Established in 1991 as the local Keep America Beautiful affiliate, we currently have more than 7,000 volunteers involved in litter cleanups, outdoor beautification projects and other environmental enhancement activities. We invite you to join our Board of Directors or Technical Advisory Committee.
Our Board of Directors meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. at the School District of Manatee County Professional Support Center at 2501 63rd Ave. E., with lunch for $3 per person which includes pizza/ salad or wraps/chips and beverage. The meeting agenda and directions are e-mailed the week prior to the meeting.
We invite you to our meeting that will be held on Thursday, March 20th to learn more about us, our Board of Directors/Technical Advisory Committee and the great partnerships we are developing with Manatee County citizens wanting to make visible differences in Manatee County!
As a member of Keep Manatee Beautiful’s Board of Directors or Technical Advisory Committee, you would pledge to:
· Attend monthly board meetings regularly or send a substitute.
· Complete the board member term commitment of two years, with the option choosing to serve a 2nd two-year term.
· Be an individual, family or corporate partner of Keep Manatee Beautiful through cash or in-kind donation.
· Be a working member of a committee and/or chair of a committee.
· Recruit additional volunteers.
· Represent Keep Manatee Beautiful at local special events and as requested by the Board of Directors.
· Participate in one fundraising event, one community presentation and one cleanup event each year.
No comments on this item
Only paid subscribers can comment
Please log in to comment by clicking here.