Beginning today, the public will have two weeks to comment on the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER). The CAPER will be available for public viewing in the Neighborhood Services Department, on the County’s website and at five county libraries.
The CAPER lists accomplishments, projects and other initiatives that were addressed as part of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Action Plan for 2012-13. The report is a requirement of the federal agency that oversees CDBG funding, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The public can view and submit written comments on the CAPER through Tuesday, Dec/ 3 at 5 p.m. to:
The CAPER is available on the 5th floor of the County Administrative Complex in the Neighborhood Services Department, online and at the following libraries during operating hours:
· Central Branch, 1301 Barcarrota Blvd. W., Bradenton;
· South County Branch, 6081 26th Street W., Bradenton;
· Braden River Branch, 4915 53rd Avenue E., Bradenton;
· Palmetto Branch, 923 6th Street W., Palmetto;
· Rocky Bluff Branch, 6750 U. S. Hwy. 301, Ellenton.
This is the first year of the 2012-2017 CDBG Five Year Consolidated Plan. Public comments on the CAPER will be presented to the Board of County Commissioners before it’s submitted to HUD.
The past year’s major accomplishments of the CDBG include:
· Rehabilitation of 10 Manatee County Housing Authority residential units;
· Transportation assistance to the elderly through a program available through Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee;
· In-home companion and homemaker personal caregiver services for the elderly through Allean’s Loving Care;
· Financial assistance to Volunteers of America of Florida for the Veteran’s Housing Facility;
· An Emergency Generator for the Wheels on Meals PLUS of Manatee food distribution center.
No comments on this item
Only paid subscribers can comment
Please log in to comment by clicking here.