BRADENTON -- MANATEE COUNTY PORT AUTHORITY AGENDA August 18, 2011
1. CONSENT AGENDA
Amended Martin Marietta lease -- Approved
Consent Agenda -- Approved Unanimously
2. Presentation by Alcalde & Fay
Kevin Fay and associate Lois Moore gave a presentation on their first year representing Port Manatee. Their lobbying firm demonstrated accomplishments securing grants and reviewed options available.
Motion to continue --Approved Unanimously
3. Update on Joint Meeting with Tampa Port Authority
Port of Manatee Executive Director Dave McDonald introduced Bob Armstrong who reported on the progress the joint efforts have made to attract more cargo movement and noted that creating a "regional port authority" was also a possibility. Motion to continue forward to staff. -- Approved Unanimously
4. Budget Resolution for Fiscal year 2011-12
Revision of chapter 311 -- Trans Gulf Services terminated -- no consulting fees -- Operating expenses slashed 20% -- Contracts in place bring back $1.5 to $2 million, next year -- personal salaries reduced 11% -- Dropped Standard & Poor's evaluations for careless practices. Motion to approve budget -- Approved Unanimously
5. Presentation by Engineering Department
Port of Manatee's Senior Director of Engineering, George F Isiminger's presentation covered the dredge analysis by HRK and how the Piney Point site was incorporated into the plans. He stated "that's just one project of what we do."
1. Two awards went to the Marketing Staff. One for "their marketing efforts" and the other for "saved funds." They were given by The Award Meritt Association of Port Authorities.
2. The Hermes Creative Award, went to the Port Manatee Directory Officials for their marketing directory and new website.
No comments on this item
Only paid subscribers can comment
Please log in to comment by clicking here.