PALMETTO -- At Thursday's Port Authority meeting, Members approved a container yard camera project, a Feld Entertainment lease agreement, a harbor crane refinancing and line of credit agreement and an oath to work with the other regional ports in concert.
1. Audience Introduction
2. Employee Recognition -- 10 years: Kathy Brewer, Tommy McMullen
3. Presentation -- Neil Costentino CEO Tampa Bay World LLC
4. 1014 Port Security Grant Program (PSGP) -- Information Only
5. Consent Agenda -- Approved, Unanimous
6. Mass Notification System -- Phase One -- Addendum Two -- Approved, Unanimous
7. Container Yard Camera Project -- Approved, Unanimous
8. Feld Entertainment Lease Agreement -- Feld will be leasing a portion of the port property to park circus train cars at a designated location for six weeks at a time, rotating each group of cars for 10 six week periods. -- Approved, Unanimous (Story to follow)
9. Fiscal Year 2014--15 Operating Budget Resolution -- Approved, Unanimous
10. Harbor Cranes Refinancing & Line of Credit -- Approved, Unanimous
11. Tampa Bay Ports Regional Meeting -- Discussion Only
Authority Members agreed on the four suggestions that would help Port Manatee, Port Tampa and Port of St. Petersburg operate in a more regionalized manner.
1. Commit to not making disparaging remarks in the public
2. Develop a Regional Leadership Structure, including the three Port Directors, Rich Biter, Assistant Secretary FDOT and Doug Wheeler, President of the Florida Ports Council.
3. Develop a joint marketing strategy
4. Reaching out to the other regional ports with referrals in the spirit of unity for state benefit. -- Approved, Unanimous
Both said they agreed with the session, but wanted the location of the session to be held at the port, since it was a port agenda request.
FDOT will be posting minutes of the meeting on their website in the near future -- http://www.dot.state.us/seaport/
Executive Director Comment -- Carlos Buqueras said they are working on a similar strategy that will include an effort for all of the Florida ports to develop a better and more-accommodating rapport.
Buqueras will be hosting a land owners meeting (dealing with the 5,000 acres in proximity of the port) at a date soon to be announced.
-- Bustle brought up a conversation with District One FDOT Secretary, Billy Hattaway on the "Port Connector Road" and the status of it. Bustle wasn't satisfied the project was still on track.
Motion to have a Port work session on strategy to discuss procedures on " Port Connector Road" to be held at the Administration Building in downtown Bradenton. Date to be announced. -- Approved, 5 -- 2, Whitmore and DiSabatino dissenting.
No comments on this item
Only paid subscribers can comment
Please log in to comment by clicking here.