BRADENTON -- At Monday's MPO meeting, the subjects covered the different planning steps of each organization involved with planning the roadways. Members watched a presentation on the many phases in deciding the future of the Cortez bridge and reviewed the bridge's history.
Call to Order INVOCATION
Pledge of Allegiance ELECTION OF CHAIR
(For the July 22nd Meeting)
Confirmation of Quorum
I. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
(Items not on the agenda) -- No Comments
II. CAC/TAC CHAIR'S REPORT
Councilman Jim Bennett City of Venice
1. The Chairs of the Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC), Ken Maturo, and Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), Sage Kamiya, will update the MPO on those committees’ activities and provide the MPO Board an opportunity to direct questions.
CAC -- Last meeting 7/11/2013. Endorsed the MCAT Transportation Plan, and discussed the Cortez bridge.
TAC -- Last meeting 7/08/2013. Also endorsed the MCAT Transportation Plan, and received the first report on the Cortez bridge.
III. FDOT REPORT
1. FDOT will provide the MPO with an update on activities and issues and provide the MPO Board members an opportunity to direct questions. -- Beach Road to Beach Drive is now getting a sidewalk.
IV. MPO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
1. The MPO Executive Director, Michael Howe, will update the Board Members on activities and issues. -- There are 380 MPOs in the country. The Federal Government requires a mandatory audit every four years. Auditors will be performing their deed from 7/31/2013 to 8/02/2013. There will be a workshop (date soon to be announced) to attempt a consensus on the 301/41 corridor and whether to get PD&E scheduled to see if the bridge is subject to waiting until the 2020s for a rebuild.
V. CHAIR’S REPORT
1. The MPO Chair will update the Board Members on activities and issues.
VI. CONSENT SECTION All matters listed under the Consent Section are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired by an MPO Board member, that item will be removed from the Consent Section and will be considered at the end of the section.
1. Approval of Meeting Minutes
Staff will seek a motion to approve the June 24, 2013 Meeting Minutes of the Sarasota/Manatee MPO Board meeting.
2. Appointment/Reappointment to the Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC)
MPO ratification of appointment/reappointment to the CAC of two Members from Manatee County.
3. Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Grant for Fiscal Year (FY) 2013/2014
Staff will seek a motion to adopt Resolution No. 2013-06 authorizing Staff to file a grant application and any related agreements with the FDOT who is the Administrator of these funds. -- Approved, Unanimous
VII. ADVERTISED PUBLIC HEARING
Please note that the following public hearing items were scheduled for 10:00 a.m. or reasonably thereafter and have been advertised accordingly.
1. Sarasota/Manatee MPO’s Public Participation Plan (PPP) --
In accordance with the MPO’s Public Participation Plan and applicable state and federal requirements, the MPO must periodically review the effectiveness of the procedures and strategies contained in the participation plan to ensure a full and open participation process . This will be a presentation of the updated Plan. -- Approved, Unanimous
2. Amendment to the Sarasota/Manatee MPO’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2012/2013-2016/2017 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and the FY 2013/2014-2017/2018 TIP
FDOT is seeking an amendment to the MPO’s past and current TIP.-- Approved, Unanimous
Note: This item requires a vote by the show of hands.
VIII. BOARD ACTION
There are no items scheduled for Board Action .
IX. REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS (May Require Board Action)
1. Cortez Bridge Project Development and Environment (PD&E) Study -- Started the PD&E in January, 2013. There will be a workshop in late 2013 or early 2014. (Full story)
Presentation by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) of efforts to date and bridge options.
2. Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority (TBARTA) Master Plan Presentation by TBARTA of its updated new Master Plan. -- Presentation by, Bob Clifford, AICP. Plan is to consider a new express bus to Lakewood Ranch, a regional fare project, widen I-75, a express lane for I-75, Transportation to TIA, connecting the Port to I-4 and a new rail going to both Hernando and Polk county.
3. Functional Classifications Overview
The FDOT consultant will present an overview of Federal Functional Classification of Roadways process. -- Presentation by Scott Farash P.E., AICP -- Once every 10 years the "Urban Boundaries" are set. There is just one shot at changing classification. Boundaries were last set, January, 2013.
X. COMMITTEE REPORTS
1. Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority (TBARTA)
XI. MEMBER COMMENTS --
XII. NEXT MEETING DATE
The MPO will not meet in August; the next meeting will be held September 23, 2013. at the Manatee / Sarasota International Airport Holiday Inn
No comments on this item
Only paid subscribers can comment
Please log in to comment by clicking here.