PALMETTO -- At Monday's city commission meeting Palmetto Police Chief Rick Wells officially recognized officers for outstanding services. In other business, The City of Palmetto is preparing to incorporate a community garden for residents, and the long awaited Little League complex is nearing completion.
1. CITY COMMISSION AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the May 5, 2014 Agenda. -- Approved, Unanimous
2. PUBLIC COMMENT
Public Comment: Comments shall be limited to two minutes. Commission does not generally take action on any matter raised during these public comments, but may direct the matter to be placed on the agenda of a future meeting, if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA APPROVAL
A. Clerk’s Office
1. April 21, 2014 Minutes
2. Special Function Permits
a. Slicks Garage First Fridays June and July 2014 - remove for discussion. Based of Mayors approval to conditions for road closures -- Approved, Unanimous
b. Manatee Glens Walk for Life September 2014
B. Public Works
1. FDOT Highway Lighting Maintenance and Compensation Agreement
2. FDOT Traffic Light Maintenance Agreement
3. Contract with Insituform Technologies, LLC -- removed for discussion, item continued
Action Request: Motion to approve the May 5, 2014 Consent Agenda. -- A-2 b and B-3 removed for vote -- Approved, Unanimous
4. 1st READ ORDINANCE 2014-08 ELECTION CODE (J. Freeman)
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COMMISSION FOR THE CITY OF PALMETTO, FLORIDA, AMENDING CHAPTER 12-ELECTIONS OF THE PALMETTO CODE OF ORDINANCES; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
Action Request: Motion to schedule a public hearing on Ordinance 2014-08 for May 19, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as same can be heard in these chambers and direct staff to advertise for same. -- Continuance to work-shop. -- No action
5. PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCE 2013-21 PORTABLE STORAGE CONTAINERS (M. Barnebey)
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF PALMETTO, FLORIDA, AMENDING THE PALMETTO CODE OF ORDINANCES; PROVIDING FOR THE REGULATION OF THE USE AND LOCATION OF PORTABLE STORAGE CONTAINERS; PROVIDING FOR REPEAL OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
Re-open the public hearing from April 7, 2014.
Close the public hearing after public comment.
Action Request: Motion to continue the public hearing on Ordinance 2013-21 to June 2, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as same can be heard in these chambers. -- Approved, Unanimous
6. STOP SIGN POLICY DISCUSSION (A. Tusing)
Staff and Commission to discuss the current policy on stop sign installation and review any necessary revisions that need to be made.-- Pulled for continuance -- Approved, Unanimous
Open the CRA Board meeting.
1. CRA BOARD AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the May 5, 2014 CRA Board Agenda. -- Approved, Unanimous
2. PUBLIC COMMENT
Comments shall be limited to two minutes. CRA Board does not generally take action on any matter raised during these public comments, but may direct the matter to be placed on the agenda of a future meeting, if appropriate.
3. CRA CONSENT AGENDA
A. Minutes: 4/7/2014
B. Florida New Market Tax Credits -- removed
C. Residential Rehabilitation Overage
Action Request: Motion to approve the May 5, 2014 CRA Consent Agenda. -- Item 3, B removed -- Approved, Unanimous
4. COMMUNITY GARDEN DISCUSSION --
5. MLK PARK UPDATE -- Burton, "Negotiating with SWFMUD, and pond is almost done."
6. RIVERSIDE PARK BOAT RAMP UPDATE -- Getting competitive pricing, will move forward soon.
7. CRA DIRECTOR’S COMMENTS -- Jeff Burton, "all is going wetland moving forward."
8. PRESIDING OFFICER’S COMMENTS --
9. CRA BOARD MEMBERS’ COMMENTS --
Reconvene the May 5, 2014 City Commission meeting.
7. ASR WELL UPDATE --
8 DEPARTMENT HEADS’ COMMENTS --
-- Chief Wells, "We are getting ready for the end of the school year."
9. MAYOR’S REPORT -- Out of Town
10. COMMISSIONERS’ COMMENTS --
Commissioner Smith -- Stop sign is down by the Race Trac. Housing Authority meets Friday at 4 p.m.