PALMETTO -- At Monday's meeting, commissioners voted to approve four members for the "Housing Authority Board." In other business, board members voted to move forward in the developing an ordinance to permit "Mobile Vendors."
PROCLAMATION: Teen Pregnancy Prevention and Sexual Health Awareness Month
Accepting: Ella Biggins-Chair of Teen Pregnancy Prevention Committee and
MaryAnn Legler, It’s Your Choice Teen Pregnancy Prevention Coordinator
Swearing-in of all persons intending to address City Commission.
Non-agenda Item Public Comment: Comments shall be limited to two minutes. Commission does not generally take action on any matter raised during these public comments, but may direct the matter to be placed on the agenda of a future meeting, if appropriate.
1. CITY COMMISSION AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the May 6, 2013 Agenda. -- Approved, Unanimous
2. CONSENT AGENDA APPROVAL
A. City Clerk’s Office
1. Minutes: April 15, 2013
2. Public Service Tax (Propane) Annual Agreement
3. Resolution 2013-16 PD Abandoned Property
4. Resolution 2013-17 Telemetry Meter Lease
5. Revised Job Description for Code Enforcement and Customer Service Field Rep. --
6. Mauldin & Jenkins Contract Renewal
7. Bryant Miller Olive and Blalock Walters Legal Billings
B. Police Department
1. 2013 Bullet Proof Vest Grant Application
C. Public Works
1. FP&L Easement - Pulled discussion strike language overhead and leave underground -- Approved, Unanimous
Action Request: Motion to approve the May 6, 2013 Consent Agenda. -- (Request 2-A-2 be removed and C-1 be removed for vote) -- Approved, Unanimous
3. APPOINTMENTS TO HOUSING AUTHORITY BOARD (Mayor Bryant)
The Mayor appoints the following people to the Housing Authority:
Action Request: Motion to confirm the appointments to the Palmetto Housing Authority as proposed by the Mayor. -- Approved, Unanimous
4. PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCE 2013-02 MOBILE FOOD VENDORS AND TEMPORARY USES
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COMMISSION FOR THE CITY OF PALMETTO, FLORIDA, AMENDING CODE OF ORDINANCES, ZONING CODE, TO PROVIDE FOR A DEFINITION OF MOBILE VENDORS; REVISING THE CURRENT TEMPORARY USE PERMIT CRITERIA AND ADDING CRITERIA FOR USE AND OPERATION OF MOBILE VENDORS, INCLUDING PUSH CARTS AND TEMPORARY VENDORS; PROVIDING FOR REPEAL OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
Open the public hearing from April 1, 2013
Action Request: Motion to continue the first public hearing on Ordinance 2013-02 to June 3, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as same can be heard in these chambers. -- Approved, Unanimous
-- Recess the City Commission meeting to open the May 6, 2013 CRA Board meeting.
-- Open the CRA Board meeting.
1. CRA BOARD AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the May 6, 2013 CRA Board Agenda. -- Approved, Unanimous
2. CRA CONSENT AGENDA
A. Minutes: April 15, 2013
B. Blalock Walters Legal Bill
C. Palmetto Youth Center Store Front Grant #13-11
D. Kallins & Little, P.A. Store Front Grant #13-12
Action Request: Motion to approve the May 6, 2013 CRA Consent Agenda -- Approved, Unanimous
3. CRA DIRECTOR’S COMMENTS -- None
4. PRESIDING OFFICER’S COMMENTS -- None
5. CRA BOARD MEMBERS’ COMMENTS -- None
Commissioner Davis asked, "When are we going to have restrooms at Sutton Park?" CRA Director, Jeff Burton answered that it would be "soon."
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS FOR THE CRA BOARD -- None
-- Reconvene the City Commission meeting.
5. BASEBALL FIELD UPDATE -- Allen Tusing reported that there is equipment there and some underground lines have been installed.
6. ASR WELL UPDATE -- Allen Tusing -- None
7. DEPARTMENT HEADS’ COMMENTS --
City Clerk, Jim Freeman announced, "We are looking at first week in July for the budget."
8. MAYOR’S REPORT -- "I have been looking at some issues, Grocery carts, electric borders, We will be discussing this soon. Also, I have passed out a CD of the last MPO meeting. FDOT seems to be interested in the bridge now, and the county is not. And the 7th Street light will also be an issue that still needs to be discussed, as it is a safety issue."
Commissioner Williams asked, "Are we still bound by the accord? The mayor answered,"Yes, and we are having a meeting here with FDOT. Commissioner Smith added, "This hurts everyone north of the river (not being involved). Commissioner Varnadore replied, "I make a motion to send a letter to FDOT asking them to make a decision on the Bridge." -- Approved, Unanimous
9. COMMISSIONERS’ COMMENTS --
Cornwell -- "I want to thank Mr. Tusing for all he did to help the Historical Committee. I can't attend on the 18th I need someone to sit in for me." Varnadore said she would.
Varnadore -- Rode with the deputies last Thursday night. "I was really impressed, hour by hour, you never know what's going to happen next. I was in the K-9 car, I was very impressed."
Williams -- "Chief Wells, When are we going to meet 'Chica' (Drug sniffing dog)?" Chief Wells answered, "Soon we will bring her in. I think she will help us a lot."
No comments on this item
Only paid subscribers can comment
Please log in to comment by clicking here.