PALMETTO -- At Monday's meeting, Palmetto City Commissioners voted in favor of a food vendor ordinance that sets clear rules and firm boundaries on food trucks and other mobile operations within city limits.
Recognition: Eagle Scout Nathaniel Thomas Miller; Judge Gilbert Smith, Boy Scouts of America, Manatee District
Chairman: Mayor Shirley Groover Bryant and City Commission
Swearing-in of all persons intending to address City Commission.
Non-agenda Item Public Comment: Comments shall be limited to two minutes. Commission does not generally take action on any matter raised during these public comments, but may direct the matter to be placed on the agenda of a future meeting, if appropriate.
1. CITY COMMISSION AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the June 17, 2013 Agenda. -- Item # 5 pulled -- Approved, Unanimous
2. CONSENT AGENDA APPROVAL -- Item # B-1 and B-3 pulled for discussion
A. Mayor’s Office
1. Appointment to Housing Authority Board
B. City Clerk’s Office
1. July 4th Special Function Permit -- Approved, Unanimous 2. Resolution 2013-23 MPO Membership Apportionment Plan
3. Resolution 2013-24 Budget Amendment ASR Impact Fee Expenditure -- Approved, Unanimous
4. Blalock Walters Legal Bills
C. Police Department
1. JAG Allocation Grant for FY-2013
Action Request: Motion to approve the June 17, 2013 Consent Agenda. -- Approved, Unanimous
3. PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCE 2013-02 MOBILE FOOD VENDORS AND TEMPORARY USES
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COMMISSION FOR THE CITY OF PALMETTO, FLORIDA, AMENDING CODE OF ORDINANCES, ZONING CODE, TO PROVIDE FOR A DEFINITION OF MOBILE VENDORS; REVISING THE CURRENT TEMPORARY USE PERMIT CRITERIA AND ADDING CRITERIA FOR USE AND OPERATION OF MOBILE VENDORS, INCLUDING PUSH CARTS AND TEMPORARY VENDORS; PROVIDING FOR REPEAL OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
Open the public hearings continued from April 16, 2013 and May 20, 2013.
Public comment --
Andrew Seely -- From Suncoast food trucks. Many benefits to food trucks. We don't compete with the brick and mortar, in fact some of us want to be a brick and mortar one day.
Thank you for allowing to operate in for city.
Close the public hearing after public comment.
-- There will not be a temporary permit charge for daily operations
-- Seasonal vendors will limited to 120 days and have to have an agreement with property owner for restroom facilities.
-- Daily will have to take care of their solid waste
-- Daily operations will end one hour after sunset
Action Request: Motion to adopt Ordinance 2013-02. -- Approved 3 to 2 with Smith and Cornwell dissenting -- (Full Story)
4. 1st READ ORDINANCE 2013-10 MEETING REQUIRMENTS FOR CITY COMMISSION
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COMMISSION FOR THE CITY OF PALMETTO, FLORIDA; AMENDING THE REQUIRED NUMBER OF MONTHLY REGULAR MEETINGS; ALLOWING FOR THE ADOPTION OF RULES FOR PUBLIC HEARINGS; AMENDING THE REFERENCES TO “COUNCIL” TO “COMMISSION” IN ARTICLE II OF CHAPTER 2; PROVIDING FOR REPEAL OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
Action Request: Motion to schedule Ordinance No. 2013-10 for a public hearing on July 22, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as same can be heard in these chambers and direct staff to advertise for same. -- Varnadore suggested staying with the two meetings a month if she is to support it. -- Approved, Unanimous
5. ACCEPTANCE OF QUIT CLAIM DEED FROM SCHOOL BOARD (M. Barnebey)
Quit Claim Deed for the property known as 705 and 715 10th Avenue West, Palmetto, Florida, from the School Board of Manatee County, Florida.
Action Request: Motion to accept the Quit Claim Deed for the property known as 705 and 715 10th Avenue West in Palmetto, Florida, from the School Board of Manatee County, Florida. -- Approved, Unanimous
6. MAY CHECK REGISTER (Informational Only) --
Recess the City Commission meeting to open the June 17, 2013 CRA Board meeting.
Open the CRA Board meeting.
1. CRA BOARD AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the June 17, 2013 CRA Board Agenda. -- Approved, Unanimous
2. CRA CONSENT AGENDA
A. Minutes: May 6, 2013
B. Blalock Walters Legal Bill
Action Request: Motion to approve the June 17, 2013 CRA Consent Agenda -- Approved, Unanimous
3. DOWNTOWN COMMERCIAL CORE REDEVELOPMENT INCENTIVES 2.0 (J. Burton)
Update to current incentive program.
Action Request: Motion to approve amendments to Downtown Commercial Core Incentives. -- Approved, Unanimous
4. GENERAL COMMERCIAL CORE REDEVEOPMENT INCENTIVES 2.0 (J. Burton) Update to current incentive program
Action Request: Motion to approve amendments to General Commercial Redevelopment Incentives. -- Approved, Unanimous
5. CRA DIRECTOR’S COMMENTS -- Asked about cameras at the park Historic Park. MLK Park is ready for SWFWMD Permit - 6/25 we go to SWFWMD for funding on boat ramp.
6. PRESIDING OFFICER’S COMMENTS -- Commissioner Williams: We need to look at getting some help with the morning fields. Mayor Bryant -- Boats are not disposing of their waste properly.
7. CRA BOARD MEMBERS’ COMMENTS -- Commissioner Smith: I think the CRA is coming along fine.
8. PUBLIC COMMENTS FOR THE CRA BOARD -- None
Reconvene the City Commission meeting.
7. BASEBALL FIELD UPDATE -- No new info.
8. ASR WELL UPDATE -- Tusing: Financing will be discussed at a special meeting on June 19, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.
9. DEPARTMENT HEADS’ COMMENTS --
Chief -- None
Clerk -- Jim Freeman, Schedules: Wednesday meeting, July 22 -- July 29th workshop; July 31 workshop; Aug 12 workshop; Aug 20 workshop; Aug 26 budget workshop
Public Works -- None
10. MAYOR’S REPORT -- Waste Management (eyes and ears) program is working. I'd like to approve 5th Ave for 7/5/13 permit for Slick's Garage and City of Palmetto day at Marauders game.
No comments on this item
Only paid subscribers can comment
Please log in to comment by clicking here.