MANATEE COUNTY – Manatee County is accepting applications for five seats on the expanded Manatee County Library Advisory Board.
This board is responsible for creating and recommending policies for the operation of the Library System to the Board of County Commissioners, advising the Library Services Manager on public needs, reviewing and providing input on the Library Annual Plan to the Board of County Commissioners, providing input regarding collection development, making recommendations on the Manatee County Collection Development Policy and presenting to the Manatee County Board of Commissioners on the state of the Manatee County Library System.
The openings are appointed by the Manatee County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) as follows:
- A representative for the Island - An applicant must be a resident of Anna Maria, Bradenton Beach, Holmes Beach or the Town of Longboat Key.
- A representative for Lakewood Ranch/Myakka City area - An applicant must be a resident of Lakewood Ranch or Myakka area.
- A representative with an MLS - An applicant must be a librarian with a Master of Library Science (MLS) from an accredited school of Library Science.
- A representative with child(ren) in Manatee County - An applicant must have a child or children enrolled in the School District of Manatee, a private school or charter school operating in Manatee County.
- A representative with homeschool child(ren) - An applicant must be a parent/guardian of homeschool child or children.
Each member is appointed for a term of four years. The advisory board meets on the third Wednesday of each month in the Downtown Central Library, 1301 Barcarrota Blvd. W. in Bradenton.
Each applicant must submit an online application
by December 20, 2023.
Please note that all information provided within applications will be made public. All applicants must complete the online application
, even if they have applied previously since the application has been updated.
For more information, contact Brooke Frasca, Administrative Specialist, at (941) 748-5555 ext. 6389, or email her at email@example.com