MANATEE COUNTY – Manatee County Neighborhood Services Department and the National Sheriffs' Association will host an All-Hazards Homeland Security Initiative Community Partnership and Awareness Training for Disaster Preparedness class on Saturday at the Central Library.
This class is designed to educate the community how best to prepare and respond to a disaster when emergency responders are overwhelmed. The free class will take place at Manatee County's Central Library, 1301 Barcarrota Avenue, Bradenton, on Saturday, Jan. 19 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The training includes:
· How to create a Family Disaster Plan
· What to include in a Family Disaster Kit
· Developing a Community Resource Data Base
· Crisis Response
· Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive Information
· Terrorism Awareness
· A Desktop Exercise specific to Manatee County
Class space is limited. To register for the class, call Neighborhood Services Housing and Community Development Technician Diana Vennera at (941) 749-3029 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments on this item
Only paid subscribers can comment
Please log in to comment by clicking here.