At Monday's City Commission meeting, Manatee County Construction Services Manager Tom Yarger delivered an update for the Blackstone Baseball Complex (full story to come). In other business, Commissioners approved a Comp Plan Amendment that included a 10-year water supply facility work plan and the adoption of the Complete Streets provisions.
1. CITY COMMISSION AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the November 18, 2013 Agenda. -- Approved, Unanimous
2. PUBLIC COMMENT
Public Comment: Comments shall be limited to two minutes. Commission does not generally take action on any matter raised during these public comments, but may direct the matter to be placed on the agenda of a future meeting, if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA APPROVAL
A. City Clerk’s Office
1. Minutes: October 7, October 21, and November 4
2. Special Function Permits:
a. Slicks Garage First Fridays December 6, 2013 -- pulled for discussion and vote -- Approved, Unanimous
b. Palmetto B&B Weddings January-June 2014
3. 2014 Holiday and Commission Meeting Calendar -- Pulled for discussion and vote -- Motion to move Jan. 18, meeting to the 25th of January -- Approved Unanimous
4. Blalock Walters Legal Bills
5. Budget Resolution 2013-36 Water, Sewer, Reuse rates
B. Police Department
1. Recertification of Police Benevolent Association Agreement
Action Request: Motion to approve the November 18, 2013 Consent Agenda. -- Approved, Unanimous (with 3-2-A and 3-3 pulled for discussion and separate votes)
4. PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCE 2013-11 COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AMENDMENT (L. Lyn)
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COMMISSION FOR THE CITY OF PALMETTO FLORIDA, AMENDING ORDINANCE 2010-01 (THE CITY OF PALMETTO 2030 COMPREHENSIVE PLAN); ADOPTING AMENDMENTS TO CERTAIN ELEMENTS INCLUDING THE DEFINTIONS SECTION, THE FUTURE LAND USE ELEMENT, THE TRANSPORTATION ELEMENT, THE POTABLE WATER ELEMENT, AND THE CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT ELEMENT REGARDING THE CONCURRENCY MANAGEMENT POLICY; ADOPTING THE COMPLETE STREETS PROVISONS; AMENDING TIMEFRAMES FOR COMPLETION OF CERTAIN TASKS; ADOPTING THE 10- YEAR WATER SUPPLY FACILITIES WORK PLAN; PROVIDING FOR REPEAL OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING AND EFFECTIVE DATE.
Open the public hearing.
-- No public comment
Close the public hearing after public comment.
Action Request: Motion to adopt Ordinance 2013-11, text amendments to the City of Palmetto 2030 Comprehensive Plan. -- Approved, Unanimous
5. 1st READ ORDINANCE 2013-17 VACATING ALLEYWAY (M. Barnebey/L. Lyn)
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COMMISSION FOR THE CITY OF PALMETTO, FLORIDA, VACATING A PORTION OF A PLATTED ALLEYWAY TRAVELLING NORTH AND SOUTH LOCATED NORTH OF 5th STREET WEST, BETWEEN 9th AVENUE WEST AND 10th AVENUE WEST, AS MORE PARTICULARY DESCRIBED IN SECTION 2 OF THIS ORDINANCE; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
Action Request: Motion to schedule a public hearing on Ordinance 2013-17 for December 2, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as same can be heard in these chambers and direct staff to advertise for same. -- Approved, Unanimous
5 -- A. -- BANK OF AMERICA MERCHANT SERVICE AGREEMENT -- Approved, 4 to 1 (pending Attorney's review), Smith dissenting
6. OCTOBER CHECK REGISTER (Informational Only)
7. BASEBALL FIELD UPDATE -- Story to follow
8 ASR WELL UPDATE -- None
9. DEPARTMENT HEADS’ COMMENTS --
10. MAYOR’S REPORT -- Went to the Methodist Church Saturday. They dedicated the new building to Virginia Smith.
11. COMMISSIONERS’ COMMENTS -- None
No comments on this item
Only paid subscribers can comment
Please log in to comment by clicking here.